Our Google Apps solution for businesses is a packaged product of Google’s best messaging and collaboration applications, among which include Gmail™, Google Talk, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sites, and Google Video.
You may have had experience using many of these applications with your email@example.com account, and while these applications are similar, we have enhanced them in Google Apps for Business with these critical differences:
Google Apps is for your business
When you sign up for Google Apps for your business, you sign up with your own company domain name. So rather than having firstname.lastname@example.org email address, you would create or maintain a company email address such as email@example.com. There is an IT administrative control panel that is built into Google Apps for your business where an IT administrator can manage and control the user accounts across your company domain.
Enhanced business-oriented features
Though our product engineers are continually enhancing our Google applications for our free consumers, they are also adding separate, enhanced features to the Google Apps applications that are more oriented for business purposes. Here are just a few things you can do in Google Apps for your business that’s not available in our free consumer applications:
- Increased Access Controls: Puts your company in control of how your information is shared and communicated outside of your domain.
- Gmail: Saves all your corporate information with improved mailing list capabilities, and increased mail thresholds
- Google Sites: Understanding that a company intranet and shared documentation is so critical to success, optimized to provide you with the right storage quotas to address your business needs
- Google Calendar: Enables conference room and resource sharing, allowing you to schedule office conference rooms or other shared resources in your office.
- Google Video: Share internal videos with your company quickly without the complex overhead of many other systems.